Friday, November 4, 2011

Fri, Nov 4, 2011 Picks

Tampa Bay Lightning
Confidence: 70%

I'm not big on hockey, but out of all the hockey games tonight, I like the Lightning in this matchup.  Chicago is hot, hoping to its three game win streak.  Tampa Bay is coming off a three game home win streak also.  However, I like the goaltender matchup for Tampa.  Rolson will start for Tampa, and he has won the last three games played against Chicago.  I think that Emery starting gives an advantage to the Lightning.  A big factor in my decision in this pick is also the line, which favors the Lightning.  That, combined with the goaltender matchup and the home field advantage, favors Tampa Bay.

Any Other Result (USC @ Colorado)
Confidence: 80%

I like Any Other Result here due to the line, which gives -20 to USC.  This leaves a 5 point cushion for the prop, which I like for football. USC has not won by 25+ points at all this season.  Granted, they have definitely played better teams than Colorado, and Colorado has lost by 25+ points this season.  USC also put up a fight against Stanford last week.  However, Colorado has the home field advantage.  I'm trusting the oddsmakers more on this one, as I believe there is a reason that the line is at -20 despite USC's stellar play against Stanford (and others this season) and Colorado's not-so-stellar play.


No comments:

Post a Comment