Monday, October 24, 2011

Banned?

Unfortunately, I think I’ve been banned from the ESPN discussions.  The reason for this ban has not been exactly clear to me, but I believe it has something to do with “spamming.”  I had posted a bunch of comments on discussions and attached the link to my blog as sort of a place to get more info.  Some of my comments had deeper analysis than others but they all had some sort of analysis relating to that game.  However, because some of my comments were not that insightful, to some, it seemed as if I were just spamming the link to my blog.  I want to make it clear that it was not my intention to “spam” or “troll”; I tried to add meaningful comments to the game analysis.  In hindsight, I can see how my actions may have been misinterpreted, and I would not make that same mistake again (if I could actually comment).

I want to address those that flagged me, and more specifically, there were a few comments on one of my posts in one of the Colts @ Saints game discussions.  I received some criticism that my comment was just a statement and that it was not even relevant.  Yes, my analysis was not the deepest at the time (I think I said something about the line) but it was clearly relevant to the prop.  Someone also said that 9/10 links there were loaded with viruses.  There is no concrete evidence to back this up and is completely false in the case of my blog.  I am 100% legit, I have been playing SFTC for a while now, and enjoy giving analysis of the props.  Another user claimed that my picks for last night were all wrong, which is true.  I was 0/3 for the recommendations I gave last night; however, I had strongly suggested against picking last night, and said that those were only for people who were desperate or felt compelled to pick.  I was not going to post anything at all, but I figured the reason people play this game is to pick, so why not post it?  As a note for the future, anything I do not give an official confidence rating for means that I value it as lower than 60%.

On that same post, in response to some comments, one user actually backed me up and claimed I was legitimate.  I would like to thank him (or her)– this blog is only about two days old and it is extremely encouraging for me to see that there are people who appreciate what I have to write.  I enjoy writing this and hope to help you improve your streaks.

I will continue to post on this blog but, unfortunately, a lot of my traffic was coming from those ESPN discussion forums.  I appreciate all of you who read my blog and if you like what I’m writing it’d be awesome if you guys could spread the word.  I'm usually busy during the weekdays so there may be fewer posts, but I will definitely do my best to give some analysis at least every other day.  I have also gotten my Twitter up and running, so check that out: http://twitter.com/#!/StreakLock.

I know that this was a long post, but I had to get this out there.

Thanks a lot guys

No comments:

Post a Comment